Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More 9/11 Memories

The following memories and comments are posted just as they were given. This is a blog about genealogy and how we preserve our heritage and we hope everyone will remember that when adding their own messages. We thank all those who contributed to our remembrance and of the attack made upon this great country 10 yrs ago.






On 9/11/2001 as all mornings of a work week, I had showered and came out and turned on the TV, to the news and BANG, right in front of me on TV was a horrible sight I was looking at the smoke and fire from the first Twin Tower and they were saying a small plane had hit the tower.  Like anyone I stood glued to the TV as much as possible to see what they had determined might have happened.  Then out of nowhere another plane headed towards the towers an in an instant the plane ripped thru the other tower at a lower level.  Then as I was trying to process this over the next few minutes, then the reports of two other planes that hit the Pentagon and in PA., only then like millions of other people, then understood we were being attacked, but not knowing by who.  As I went on to work the news began telling of all the events that were going on, and I was glued to the TV at work as the day unfolded to learn more of this tragedy. 

I am still stunned to this day of 9/11/2001, and I am stunned again as they in New York will gather on the 10th year of this, for a Memorial, and that the Mayor of New York, a Liberal, won't allow Policeman, Fireman and the Clergy to attend this Memorial.  This Mayor says that we should be ashamed of ourselves for not wanting a Mosque to be built on those grounds near GROUND ZERO!  This to me is unforgivable, as much as what those TERRORIST, did to those fallen in the Twin Towers, and those whom died in those planes that were used to do this destruction. 
God Bless America, and the true people of this country, we now know what happened and I for one will never forget, and nor will I forgive the Liberals of this country for siding with the very ones who caused this tragedy, by not allowing the HEROES and Clergy to attend this Memorial on 9/11/2011.

Terry Schnee