Monday, January 26, 2015

One of these days...

Have you found yourself saying, 'One of these days I've got to go see Great Uncle Bill...'? In America there always seems to be more tomorrows, but unless you count the heavenly tomorrows, that just isn't true.

Many years ago I asked my Great Uncle Bill if I could write down the births and marriages written in the Hughs Family Bible. Thankfully he agreed. Because of that special day I had the middle names for the Hughs generations in both directions.

Having middle names of your families is an especially easy way to sift through hundreds of matching names, so I feel very blessed for that long ago day.

Then I listen to people talk about 'some day' going to get that information.

Do they know about the health of their Aunt Alice? What about their own health? Traffic? What if they are the only only person in their whole family, like I am, who compiles family history? If only I knew how to reach the procrastinators...

Have You been putting off that day?