Friday, October 18, 2013

February 2013 - October 2013 Growth of AncestorEbooks.com

In the Beginning...      Before I knew all it would take to create a website for sharing family history/ trees/ stories/ etc. I call these my 'Why aren't we Ready Yet?' years... Yes I said YEARS. 

   I was blessed with the idea for a website that helped family genealogists share their research with families & especially the youth who were addicted to Electronics, in the Spring of 2010. Online ads claimed the build and design would only take about 3-4 months. Even the Coding Company that Art & Logic recommended, David Hirschfeld's Tekyz.com, expected we would be online and helping customers within at most 5-6 months. However, David and I learned there is a definite difference between what is offered by designers Online, and using a family tree (gedcom file) to create Ebooks, which is what my website is expected to accomplish. Suddenly I realized I needed to know more about how to create what was in my mind's eye.

   After 2 1/2 years of schooling at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and graduating with an Associates Degree in Web Design & Interactive Media, I understood what I wanted to do, and knew enough to accept that I'd need help getting the coding correct, thus Tekyz.com.

To keep a long story short... AncestorEbooks.com came onto the internet scene in February, however, just as with many things we create (take a stick built home for example, which is scheduled to be finished and ready in 4 months will typically take 6-8 months before you can move in) there were simple coding problems that kept it from actually being online & accepting customers until June!

   Keeping things in perspective, we have done very well in the past 8 months of dedicated work to get the brand name, AncestorEbooks.com, into the 'know'.  As the image of the above Facebook Fans shows, AncestorEbooks.com now has 1903 Contacts and with the model of growth we can expect to have doubled that number by Spring of 2014, & tripled it by this time next year!

Where You Enter This Story... As I'm sure you know, word of mouth is louder and more effective than bags of money (which I don't have) given to advertisement agencies. So Please, take a few moments of your valuable time (yes I know it's valuable!) & post what you like about AncestorEbooks.com on our Facebook Page. What do you like/ dislike about AncestorEbooks?