Friday, September 27, 2013

Searching for my Ancestors

Hello Everyone, just dropping a quick note...

Have you ever had a family line that is just a stinker? Well, 6-7 years ago I was corresponding with my Great Aunt Lena's daughter, Dee Sterling Nelson, about her mother's (& my Great Grandmother Mary Ann's) family.

She sent me a 4 page letter, but at the time I was a bit overwhelmed and I lost it! According to Dee, G Grandfather Chris Christensen was not a well liked man. He was cruel, mean and especially after G Grandma passed (trying to give birth to their 10/11? child) his girls had to hide from him at night.

Being a business owner with the website, AncestorEbooks.com,  I am signed onto LinkedIn & work with other genealogists and one day Birthe Mylius Gronvold Kroman was offering to help folks with Danish genealogy problems. What a kind and great woman she is, and she leads a large group of folks who do this for free. What a blessing.

If you are stuck on a problem in Denmark, this group is the one to reach out to! Be sure and leave remarks below if you have anything to add/share/want.

Cristina Besendorfer, AncestorEbooks.com