Thursday, November 1, 2012

Family Tree Storage


I have to say, the more I learn about technology the more confused I am about how I should store my data.  Should I use a Compact Disc, SD card, flash drive, or an online Cloud Drive.  I keep thinking about the downfalls of each.

1- Compact Discs are vulnerable to scratches, low reflectivity, and delamination.  All of these issues will cause the CD to cease working.
2- SD cards are small, easily lost, and are also susceptible to damage.
3- Flash Drives are about my favorite.  It is possible for it to them to become damaged and quit working, but I have only had that happen once in several years.
4- Online Cloud Drives are dependable, accessible from almost every location with internet access. As long as Google and Amazon continue their free or cheap Cloud Drives it is my new favorite way to store information!

You just need to decide which works best for you and go with it!